St Michael’s Grammar School is respected for its exceptional education and wellbeing programs, as well as our deep commitment to innovative approaches to teaching, learning and caring.
Our history is important to us and is the foundation on which we build our future. The values and traditions instilled by the Anglican Community of the Sisters of the Church, who established the School, continue to guide us and our holistic approach to education.
We recognise that exceptional staff are essential in delivering educational excellence, which is why we place so much importance on hiring the best people, supporting and enabling staff development opportunities, and maintaining our strong, values-based culture.
Our values of Dignity, Respect, Care and Compassion (DR CC) are at the core of our cohesive community and drive our decision making, enabling us to create a diverse and inclusive community.
These values are enacted every day through positive and meaningful relationships between members of our community, shaping our pastoral care approach and creating a supportive and caring culture.
• Focusing on the positives of what people are doing well to optimise their strengths, talents and abilities
• Communicating with others respectfully
• Being polite and courteous to all
• Extending trust to others
• Respecting the property of others and the environment, in and beyond the School
• Responding to others with concern, empathy and understanding
• Providing support and encouragement to others
• Building positive relationships and expressing gratitude when due
• Understanding individual circumstances and needs
• Honouring people’s time, efforts and commitment
• Acting in support of others in ways that make a positive difference
Many of our outstanding and talented teachers have worked professionally in their disciplines and are now bringing their expertise to the classroom and to our co-curricular programs.
Our teachers offer comprehensive support for students across all areas of learning and are dedicated to providing students with every opportunity to flourish.
Staff-student relationships are crucial, and our teachers make a positive difference to our students’ lives.
Our educational support staff are equally as important in supporting the teaching program and life of the School.
They work across a range of areas including People and Strategy, Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, Admissions, Administration, Maintenance, Operations and Performing Arts!
These outstanding professionals are critical to supporting our diverse, creative and innovative environment, and are experts in their fields bringing experience from a diverse range of industries from around the world.
•Access to our ongoing professional development program
•A supportive place to build your professional capacity
•Excellent opportunities to stretch yourself and develop your skills
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program
• Access to our sporting complex including the dance studio, gym, pool and weights room
• Thoughtful wellbeing initiatives
• Strong cohesive staff culture
• Flexible work opportunities available
• 14 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave
• Competitive Salaries
• A range of salary packaging options
• 10.5% superannuation
• Gourmet meals and coffee available from the friendly staff at Dolly’s Café
• Access to a rewards program through our salary packaging provider
• Conveniently located near public transport and cafes
• Onsite car park in addition to all day street parking available
• Active and engaged Staff Association
If you are interested in joining our vibrant community, you can view our current opportunities via the link below.
Applications should contain a current resume and cover letter outlining in detail your experience and ability to meet the position requirements. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
St Michael’s Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded here.