St Michael’s holds preeminent the values of Dignity, Respect, Care and Compassion, expressed in the School as ‘DR CC’. Our values live in the School community informing and shaping our decisions, actions and behavioural expectations.
All members of the St Michael’s Grammar School community are expected to commit to living our values and guiding principles in their decision-making and actions.
• Focusing on the positives of what people are doing well to optimise their strengths, talents and abilities
• Communicating with others respectfully and attending to their rights to privacy and confidentiality
• Being averse to gossip and inappropriate use of social media
• Being polite and courteous to all
• Being trustworthy and extending trust to others
• Respecting the property of others and the environment in and beyond the School
• Responding to others with concern, empathy and
• Providing support and encouragement to others either directly as a volunteer or indirectly through your interactions in the community
• Building positive relationships and expressing gratitude when due
• Understanding individual circumstances and needs
• Honouring people’s time, efforts and commitment
• Acting in support of others in ways that make a positive difference