Once a student completes their educational journey at St Michael’s Grammar School, they become part of the Old Michaelian community.
St Michael’s has had an alumni association since 1911. More than 7000 Old Michaelians are still connected with the School, and more than 2000 are currently members of the Old Michaelian Facebook Group. We invite you to join and participate in our growing online community.
Your St Michael’s network of professionals.
We are delighted to invite our Old Michaelians to join, SMGS Generation, a new online support network of professionals that continues to exist long after students have completed Year 12.
Generation is designed for you to stay in touch with your year level and connect with members of the wider community who are actively interested in sharing their professional experience and expertise with you to help you take that next step in your career.
A dedicated Old Michaelian Committee (OMC) aims to connect past students with the School and each other and organises a variety of functions for alumni, including reunions, sporting and performing arts events, and other social occasions. The group meets once a month, and actively seeks to support the School in all its activities, particularly by promoting and fostering the heritage of St Michael’s.
Reunions bring our Old Michaelians’ rich knowledge of the School’s history to life. Every five years, past students are invited back to the School to renew friendships, connect with past teachers, tour the campus, and ask questions regarding recent developments. To find out when your next Old Michaelian reunion is taking place, visit the School’s events calendar.
A few past reunions
If you wish to update your details to ensure you receive communication from the School by mail, including reunion invitations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Old Michaelian Committee
The role of the Committee is to work closely with the School in order to support the growing alumni network. It supports a number of activities including:
- Fostering connections with current students through networking and mentoring events
- Engaging with and supporting the Year 12 cohort in their transition from student to Old Michaelian
- Assisting in planning Old Michaelian reunions
- Developing new ventures such as sporting and performing arts groups
- Preserving the history of the School and connecting with current students through the Archives project–now housed in the Sandra Matheson Archives in The Gipson Commons
- Engaging with and promoting Generation, a new platform that unites our vibrant St Michael’s community, and empowers Old Michaelians, parents and staff to connect, reconnect and network, both socially and professionally
If you are interested in knowing more about the OMC or becoming a member, please contact email@example.com