fbpx
09 November, 2020 Community

St Michael’s Giving Day: A Commitment to Caring

As we slowly emerge from the pandemic, we face new challenges in combatting the financial impact of the all-encompassing disruption to our way of life. Many in our community are suffering hardship, as are many more across our city and our state.

Caring and a strong sense of community have been integral to our approach to student wellbeing during the pandemic, as indeed it has throughout our 125-year history. Caring about our students, our community and the wider world.

St Michael’s Grammar School is no ordinary school. It is a home where everyone is constantly wanting and helping you to become the very best person you can be. I know I speak on behalf of countless others when I say that St Michael’s Grammar School changed my life and made me the person I am today and for that, I am eternally grateful.Sofia (OM 2018)

In keeping with our values, we can alleviate this hardship by offering Scholarships to assist families with education expenses. St Michael’s has a comprehensive Scholarships program which plays a critical role in ensuring diversity in our School community. Through our Scholarships, we seek to enhance the ethos and culture of St Michael’s and to provide opportunities for those students who otherwise may not be able to start, or continue, their St Michael’s education.

To support our Scholarships program, we will be holding our very first Giving Day on Thursday 19 November. With the help of our St Michael’s family, we can build our Scholarship Fund to offer more Scholarships and sustain our program well into the future.

I am incredibly grateful that I got the opportunity to undergo my schooling in the St Michael’s community. It was incredibly dedicated to respect, individuality, opportunities and possibilities.Lucy (Year 12)

Now more than ever, Scholarships are important and we are asking our community to donate in support of our Scholarship Fund in whatever way they can. On average, each St Michael’s Scholarship costs $25,000 per year and every dollar we raise above this amount will help support more Scholarships. To donate, follow the live countdown or find out more visit www.charidy.com/stmichaels.

We have not been able to come together in celebration this year, but let’s join together now and create a wonderful legacy.

• St Michael’s Giving Day: A Commitment to Caring
    1960s: Sister Scholastica was known for her fundraising events and activities. She organised the Building Appeal, and carried through the biggest development and building program in the School’s history.
  • St Michael’s Giving Day: A Commitment to Caring
    Today: Our Student Leaders galvanising friends, family and the local community to drive donations for Sacred Heart Mission.
This is my 39th year at St Michael’s. You might ask me why I’ve stayed so long – I love the place. A fantastic staff, amazing students and a great Head of the School, Mrs Terrie Jones.Pat Tyrell (Teacher at St Michael’s)